Create a Perception of Confidence and Success.
Did you know that the personal brand you project affects others’ decisions as to your intelligence, your character and ability, and determines whether or not they want to do business with you.It’s true, the way you dress (and act) has a remarkable impact on the people you meet professionally and socially. It greatly affects how they treat you, and how willing they are to work with you. Which is why it is so important to brand yourself with confidence and success.
Humans think with their eyes, and whether we like it or not, judgements are made based on how we show up, and 85% of all decisions are made with our eyes.
So how do you show up?
How you show up on your website is just as important as how you show up to any networking event, or business meeting. Of course I am talking about the images of YOU that you use on your website, and yes you want to use images of you. People want to know the real person behind the logo, and showing them helps the right people connect with you.
Take a look at these traps to avoid when choosing pictures for your website…
- 10 year old headshot. So many people get a generic headshot and use it for years! I once worked with a lady who’s brand photos were 25 years old. A lot can change in 25 years, especially our appearance. This image did not represent her personal brand and an old photo won’t represent you either. So make sure your photos are recent, and change them every few years.
- Formal image for a causal business. I once met with a massage therapist who was using a picture of her in a business suit as her brand image. She never wore business suits and in fact bought this suit just for this photo. She didn’t look like herself and it showed.
- Causal image for a professional business. Story time again… I consulted with a marriage counselor a few years ago who was using a picture of her in a bikini on the beach holding a margarita. While loving the sand, surf and margaritas is perfectly okay (I love them all myself) when you are showing the world your business self you want to dress the part.
Dress the part and be yourself.
While you definitely want to dress the part of the amazing entrepreneur you are, you also want to be yourself. When you show up as you, you are going to be comfortable in the moment, and that is going to show.
Are you ready to create your own Personal Brand? Check out my totally FREE Branding Your Biz Master Class!
- Identify fonts that best represent your brand personality
- Finish by creating a Branding Style Guide to use for all of your marketing needs